Capital: Prague ♦ Population: 10.6 million ♦ Currency: The Czech Koruna (Kč) ♦ Language: Czech
- Prague (2014)
- Ready, set, Prague! (2019)
- Recollection Diaries 2019
Prague: so historically beautiful, be sure to check out the Charles bridge and medieval old town
Český Krumlov: a quaint old town with an outstanding castle dating all the way back to the 13th century
Karlovy Vary: a resort town with numerous thermal springs
Brno: known for its modern buildings and beautiful architecture. Lots going on but retains an extremely chilled vibe.
Did you know?
- Prague is the only major city in Europe that wasn’t extensively bombed in World War 2.
- Czechs consume the most per capita in the world. Pilsner-style beers are their most famous brew.
- Prague Castle is the largest in the world and is open to visitors
- Lots of national parks around the country, so there is plenty to explore.
- The Czech Republic is an extremely cheap country. It is a good place to live up large when you are travelling on a budget as it won’t dip into the wallet anywhere near as much as other European countries.
- Although violence rates tend to be low in Prague, keep your wits about you as there are lots of stag dos and drunken hooligans about the place.
- I thought the cuisine was overall quite stodgy, or in a more flattering light, hearty and warming. Think stews, goulashes and casseroles.
- The markets at festive season (for example Easter and Christmas) are truly something special.