There is something about Scandinavia that I find so captivating. At this stage I have only been to Denmark, but I can’t wait to visit more of the area.
My current blog posts:
- Capital: Copenhagen
- Population: 5.8 million
- Currency: Danish krone
- Language: Danish
- Copenhagen: Nyhaven harbour (colour and charming), royal palaces, Tivoli amusement park (in the centre of town) and of course, the highly underwhelming ‘Little Mermaid’ statue
- Odense: home to numerous museums, cathedrals, castles and zoos. It is also the birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen.
- Roskilde: an amazing ancient city which is just a short journey from Copenhagen
- Aarhus: Danish city on the Jutland peninsula
- Did you know?
- Supposedly it rains or snows (on average) every second day somewhere in Denmark. That is a fair bit of downfall!
- Denmark is reported to be one of the happiest countries n the world. It is also considered as one of the least corrupt.
- Swimming lessons are part of every schools curriculum. Makes sense, as no place is Denmark is more than 50km from the sea!
- Tivoli Gardens were Walt Disney’s inspiration for Disneyland.
- Useful tips:
- Like the rest of Scandinavia, Denmark is an expensive country to travel.
- The Danes love their herring. It is a must try when in Denmark. Salty and slimy … don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!