Capital: London ♦ Population: 56 million ♦ Currency: Pound Sterling (£) ♦ Language: English
London: a bustling capital, one of the great cities of the world.
Liverpool: cultured by football and rich in music history
Brighton: beach town, chilled and intimate
Oxford: check out where the elite study; full of history, tradition and beauty
Did you know?
- The country is positively football mad. A google search of England brings up information about the football team rather than the country.
- There is an underwater tunnel connecting England and France. It is 34 km long.
- The country has hosted the summer Olympics three times – in 1908, 1948 and 2012.
- It is likely that if you are visiting England you will probably be visiting the United Kingdom generally, which also includes Scotland, Wales and Northern Island.
- Visiting during (and following) the infamous Brexit saga is cheaper than ever because it has seriously weakened the value of the pound.