One of the things I love most is waking up to the smell of freshly cooked muffins; now that I no longer live at home, if I want that smell I have to bake them myself. Which I don’t have a problem with, because it means I get to choose the flavour. Banana and chocolate chip is a firm favourite of mine; it’s an excuse to buy too many bananas at the farmers market each week. They also feel more filling and hit the spot more frequently than other muffins for me. Sometimes when I’m feeling healthier I will opt for walnuts instead of chocolate, but most of the time, the chocolate ones are exactly what I’m after.
- 3 bananas, ripe and mashed
- 1/2 c sugar
- 100 g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 T milk
- 1.5 c flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1.5 c chocolate chunks
- 180°C bake, grease the muffin tin (12 should be perfect).
- In a bowl, add the banana, sugar, butter, egg and milk – stir.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda – just, to combine.
- Add chocolate.
- Cook for about twenty minutes, or until golden on top.