One of the things I love most is waking up to the smell of freshly cooked muffins; now that I no longer live at home, if I want that smell I have to bake them myself. Which I don’t have a problem with, because it means I get to choose the flavour! Banana and chocolate chip is a firm favourite of mine; it’s an excuse to buy too many bananas at the farmers market each week. Sometimes when I’m feeling healthier I will opt for walnuts instead of chocolate, but most of the time, the chocolate ones are exactly what I’m after!
- 3 bananas, ripe and mashed
- 1/2 c sugar
- 100 g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 T milk
- 1.5 c flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1.5 c chocolate chunks
- 180°C bake, grease the muffin tin (12 should be perfect).
- In a bowl, add the banana, sugar, butter, egg and milk – stir.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda – just, to combine.
- Add chocolate.
- Cook for about twenty minutes, or until golden on top.