Lazy Sunday mornings always call for pancakes, and what a better way to mix them up than by adding some good ol’ mashed banana and some delicious chocolate chips. Always a hit with the boyfriend, they are a pretty easy dish to whip up without much notice, so long as you have the classic baking ingredients on hand. Serve with some fresh banana and crispy bacon to make this into a hearty meal.
- 1.5 c flour
- 1 T sugar
- 2 t baking poweder
- 0.5 t cinnamon
- 1.25 c milk
- 3 small – medium bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 c chocolate chips
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix.
- Stir in milk, banana, egg and vanilla.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Pour spoonfuls into the pan once it’s hot.
- Cook for a few minutes (turning earlier if the pancakes start to bubble). Flip pancake and cook for another minute or two until golden.
- Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Serve with bacon, banana and maple syrup.