Nothing makes a Sunday like some good old home baking, and nothing smells better than some delicious homemade scones. A variation on the traditional cheese scone, this recipe also includes chives; a great addition in my opinion, but by no means essential.
- 2 c flour
- 4 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/3 c butter cubed
- 1 c cheddar cheese
- 2 T chives
- 3/4 c milk
- 1 egg
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour,baking powder and salt.
- Rub in the butter until it forms coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the cheese and chives and mix.
- Add the milk, and then knead.
- Roll into balls, flatten and brush with egg before baking 15 – 20 minutes at 180°C.