Who doesn’t love themselves a gooey, chocolate cookie? This recipe is just so great, I have made them so many times that I think I really have perfected them. The original recipe that I adapted them from used just plain milk chocolate chips, but I like to use broken up blocks of chocolate so that you get actual chunks of chocolate, and I also like to include a mixture of dark, milk and white chocolate. I think my key tip is to not over-beat the butter and sugar mixture, and also to make sure that the butter really is room temperature – don’t pull it out of the fridge moments before use and expect that sticking it in the microwave for a few minutes will do the trick!
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 125 butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1 t vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 c chocolate
- 200°C bake.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Separately, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla (but not too much!).
- Add the egg.
- Add the flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Spoon balls onto a greased tray (or baking paper) and flatten slightly.
- Cook for 15 – 20 minutes, or until appropriately gooey!