These are super easy, super convenient and go down a treat with the kids. The ham, cheese and tomato combination has been reinvented (upgraded) with this wee mix. They are a great dish to take along to pot luck dinners etc, as they are the kind of food that will always get gobbled up. I have also included a recipe for a coriander dipping sauce, which is so yummy!
- 200 g haloumi
- 200 g chorizo
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- wooden bamboo skewers
For the coriander dipping sauce:
- 1/2 c coriander, chopped
- 1/2 c mint, chopped
- 1 t garlic
- 1 t ginger
- 3 T lemon/lime juice
- 4 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the haloumi and chorizo into approximately equal size pieces. Fry them over medium – high heat until the haloumi is golden brown, and the chorizo has rendered.
- Similarly, fry the tomatoes until they start to blister.
- Allow everything to cool and thread it onto the skewers.
- Blitz the ingredients for the coriander dipping sauce and serve alongside the skewers.