I’m only a recent addition to the Maca fan club, but I’ve become a big one, and quickly. Maca powder is such a good addition to smoothies and cereal – and now, baking too! I made these tasty little cookies on the weekend, and all afternoon we had delicious smells of gingerbread wafting through the flat. Incredibly simple, and if you want to make them vegan substitute the egg for linseed + water, and the honey for maple syrup.
- 1 c oat flour (do not buy for ridiculous prices, instead just pulse oats until they are fine)
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1 T Maca Powder
- 1 T ground ginger (I like it gingery, maybe go for 1/2 T if you want less emphasis on the ginger)
- 1 T melted honey
- 1 egg
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 t sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C bake.
- Add cookie ingredients into mixing bowl. If the mixture is too crumbly, add some more coconut oil / maple syrup / water.
- Roll into little balls and flatten.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Put icing ingredients into a cup and melt in the microwave.
- Drizzle over cookies and leave to set.