My aunt makes a killer pecan pie, honestly. Since forever it has probably been my favourite part of Christmas dinner and since forever I have wanted to learn to make it myself. I was amazed at how easy it was – probably not a good thing as it might mean I start making it wayyyyyy too often! Although, pecans are pretty expensive, so I should be able to restrain myself to just special occasions. Once you try this recipe, honestly you will never want to eat any other pecan pie again because literally, you will be disappointed every, single, time.
- short crust pastry (either store-bought or home-made)
- 125 g butter
- 50 f brown sugar
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 200 g walnuts/pecans
- Blind bake the pastry for 15 – 20 minutes on 170°C bake.
- To make the filling, put the butter, brown sugar and condensed milk in a pot.
- Heat gently, stirring consistently as it will stick easily.
- As soon as the butter has melted, remove from the heat and add cinnamon.
- Beat egg yolks and stir in when the mixture has cooled a little. Add the chopped nuts.
- Put into base, topping with some whole/half nuts for decoration.
- Bake for a further 30 minutes.