Continually on the hunt for delicious meat recipes which omit the beef, I was so happy to stumble across this delicious pork bolognese recipe. I love home cooked food so much, and to make something so rich and tasty with such ease is what everyone should be looking for! Pappardelle too, is one of my favourite pastas – I love the thick wide pieces of pasta so this recipe really is a match made in heaven for me.
- 500 g pork mince
- 1/4 c red wine
- 2 T mixed garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 T basil
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1/4 c cream
- Cook the mince until browned, set aside.
- Add wine, garlic, onion to medium heat and cook until translucent.
- Add pork to mix, as well as the tomatoes and capsicum.
- Stir in the basil and thyme.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cream and finish for 5 minutes.
- Toss sauce through cooked pappardelle and top with basil.