A bit of a delicacy some might say, others might just screw up their noses. Hate it or love it, these whitebait fritters are so simple and it’s definitely one of those situations where less is more. Whitebait isn’t a particularly strong flavour, so if you don’t mind the sight/texture of these little fish, then I’m sure you will enjoy them.
- 200 g white bait
- 3 eggs, whisked until fluffy
- butter for cooking
- salt and pepper
- lemon to serve
- Whisk the eggs until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the whitebait and whisk to mix.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook in batches as you would pancakes in a heated pan with butter.