When done right, lamb rack would easily be one of my favourite meals. The meat, so pink and tender on the inside, and then coated with a deliciously crunchy crust just makes for a five star meal every time. But because the meat is so thin it can be difficult to get right. This is a conceptually simple recipe, but it requires careful execution – trust me, it is well worth it.
- Lamb racks
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Garlic & herb salt
- Fresh mint
- Fresh rosemary
- Massage the meat with oil, fresh mint and rosemary. Season well with the garlic & herb salt and pepper.
- Sear the meat on a high heat for a minute each side until browned.
- Put the lamb rack on baking paper and put it in the oven at 180°C for 12 minutes (for rare, closer to 16 for a medium cook).
- Let the meat rest for 10 minutes before eating.
- Serve with vegetables (peas, mash, carrots and beans = delicious!)