In case you hadn’t already noticed, I love everything lemon and coconut, and the pairing of these two flavours always goes down a treat. These lemon & coconut balls are a bit of a dream: super easy to make and super healthy, the tricky thing is making them last. They can be frozen, so they are a great thing to make a big batch of and tuck away into the freezer for when you get those mid-afternoon sugar cravings.
- 1.5 c shredded coconut
- 1.5 c cashews (or almonds)
- 1/4 c melted coconut oil
- 1 T tahini
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 2 lemons
- pinch of salt
- extra shredded/desiccated coconut for rolling
- Blend all of the ingredients in your food processor, until smooth. I would recommend adding things bit by bit (the first time my cousin and I made this recipe we put everything in at once, and it took a bit of effort to get it to mix).
- Roll teaspoon size heaps into balls, having damp hands will stop them getting sticky.
- Roll each ball in coconut and put on a tray/plate in the fridge to set.
- Store in fridge/freezer.