Constantly on the hunt for delicious meat recipes which omit the beef, I was so happy to stumble across this delicious pork bolognese recipe. I love home cooked food so much, and to make something so rich and tasty with such ease is what everyone should be looking for! Pappardelle too; it’s definitely a favourite – I love the thick wide pieces of pasta so this recipe really is a match made in heaven for me.
- 500 g pork mince
- 1/4 c red wine
- 2 T mixed garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 T basil
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1/4 c cream
- Cook the mince until browned, set aside.
- Add wine, garlic, onion to medium heat and cook until translucent.
- Add pork to mix, as well as the tomatoes and capsicum.
- Stir in the basil and thyme.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cream and finish for 5 minutes.
- Toss sauce through cooked pappardelle and top with basil.