I have been trying for so long to create that perfect pulled pork recipe. Whether it be too saucy, too dry, too complex or too time-consuming – I have never found a recipe that is quite right. Well, that’s just changed, and I can’t believe how easy it was. This pulled pork deliciousness is created best by just chucking everything into a slow cooker set to low for about 8 hours. Even better, none of the ingredients are that difficult to locate. Serve it with what you want; I usually combine the pork with my Asian Slaw and turn them into tacos.
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 pork shoulder roast
- 1 c BBQ sauce
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c chicken stock
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 T mustard
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.5 t thyme
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the pork, and then all the other ingredients on top – stir to mix.
- Leave the slow cooker on low for about 8 hours.
- Pull out the meat from the slow cooker and shred using two forks. Set aside.
- Transfer the remaining juice to the stove and boil to reduce and thicken.