I watched my flatmate make banana bread recently and smelling the delicious aromas of the banana baking made me want to cook it myself. I have now cooked banana bread twice in the last week and it has been making for the most delicious breakfasts as of late; toasted with a dash of margarine. What a way to start the day. Even better, this recipe has no refined sugar… go on, have another slice!
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c butter, melted
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/3 c chopped walnuts
- 1/4 c natural yoghurt
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 T vanilla essence
- 1.5 c flour (gluten-free or just plain)
- 180°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, then add the melted butter and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Add the mashed bananas, walnuts, yoghurt, baking soda, vanilla, salt and mix. Lastly add the flour.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer or knife slides out clean.
- Let the bread cool before serving… if you can wait!