Yet another recipe without refined sugar, this chickpea blondie is super filling and makes for a good snack on the go. Packed with protein, these blondies are pretty easy to make and keep you full for so much longer than other sugary snacks. Not to mention the batter is delicious on its own, so it can be a challenge to even get it to the blondie stage!
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 c peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/3 c pure maple syrup
- 2 t vanilla
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/3 c dark chocolate chips plus extra for on top
- 200°C. Blend all ingredients except chocolate chips until smooth. Add the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in lined tin then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
- Cut and store in air-tight container. I freeze mine and then defrost them as I go, just to make them last longer.