Wow, this recipe is an absolute ripper! It literally takes all of ten minutes and is so warming and delicious. It’s also pretty cheap. The amount this recipe cooks is perfect for 2 people, so unlike most of my recipes it doesn’t give leftovers (although you could totally just double the recipe).
- 1 chorizo sausage (I use mild but you could go for spicy if wanted even more flavour)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 t chilli flakes
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 c stock (I use lamb, but any would be fine)
- coriander, to serve
- lime, to serve
- Thinly slice the chorizo. Fry on a low heat to release the aroma and seal the flavour in.
- Add chickpeas and spices and mix together.
- Increase the heat and add the tomatoes. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add stock and continue to simmer. Taste and season as necessary.
- Ladle soup into bowls, making sure you get a good mix of chorizo and chickpeas in both.
- Garnish with coriander and a wedge of lime.