I’m going through a real “clean-eats” phase at the moment, so I’m trying to avoid refined sugars when I can. We all know that I have an extremely sweet tooth, so I’m constantly looking for workarounds. This recipe is a wee gem, I saw my vegan flatmates eating it and when I tried it, I instantly knew I would be making it as soon as I could. It only needs one bowl and there is no oven required, so it is so simple to whip up. I also love freezer slices for the fact there is no pressure to eat them before they go off (not that it even lasts that long, because it means I can have a few different things on the go at once!).
- 1 c tahini
- ¼ c melted coconut oil
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- ½ T good-quality vanilla extract
- ¼ t salt
- 1/4 c dark chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- rock salt for sprinkling on top
- Line a tray with baking paper
- Mix together the tahini, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt until smooth. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the fudge into the tray and freeze for 10 minutes. Sprinkle some chocolate chips over the top, if you want you can softly press them into the mixture to stop them falling off.
- Freeze for another 30 minutes (or until firm). Sprinkle with a little rock salt. Cut and then store in the freezer.