I love finding new salad recipes, especially at the end of the summer when it can be hard to get new ideas so you end up having the same thing every day. This salad is quick, easy and fresh – and like the best of summer salads, it is super colourful. The haloumi adds a new texture and creaminess to the dish, but if you wanted to use other cheese instead that would totally be fine – except maybe reduce the quantity a tad.
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T ground cumin
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1 t fennel seeds
- 2 x 400g can chickpeas
- 3 carrots, julienned (I just use a peeler)
- 1 c fresh coriander
- 1 c mint leaves
- 200 g haloumi, grated
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 t honey
- 1 T olive oil, extra
- In a pan, heat some oil and then add the cumin, paprika, salt and fennel seeds and cook for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place the carrot, coriander, mint, haloumi, lemon juice, honey and extra olive oil into a bowl.
- Top with the chickpeas and serve.