These tasty delights are very easy to whip up and are perfect for those last minute guests. I usually have carrots on hand, and so the only thing I need to make sure I have on hand are bran and walnuts (which is a given if I’ve made muesli in recent weeks).
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1 c bran
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 c milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 T canola oil
- 200°C bake. Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Combine flour, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in walnut, carrot and bran. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine the milk, egg and oil in a jug. Pour into well.
- Stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin holes until 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes and transfer onto a wire rack.